Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping
Before I go in to the nitty gritty of the dress, remember you want to look draw dropping beautiful to your husband to be. We want to see those man tears. Not a bad idea to share with him some of your ideas, just to get a feel of his likes and dislikes. The last thing you want is to wear a gown that he doesn’t like. Even though they may say it’s your choice and they don’t mind- they DO
1. Stay calm and enjoy shopping
You have to go through the motion and try on a dew dresses. I would recommend between 5 and 10. Don’t over do it, then you’ll just get confused.
2. Shapes and sizes
Start by just trying different silhouettes. Then you can see if you prefer ballgown, mermaid, A-line or straight.
3. 50 shades of white
Next you can look at all the different shades of white, off white, nude or cream. There is just a slight difference between the shades but choosing the perfect one will enhance your complexion. To name but just a few:
- White looks stunning on a dark skin, the colour really pops
- Winter white is a softer shade of white and works for most skin tones. It still looks very white in the day light and is not as glary as pure white.
- Nude is excellent to use under either white or cream lace. It really shows the pattern of the lace if you’re looking for more define detail
- Then a rich cream can work on a pale skin and give depth.
4. To lace or not to lace
- Now you can start looking at the detail on the dress.
- Again there are so many different pattern of lace available.
- Knowing your budget may help you decide. The lace range from R500 to R7000+pm
- Flower curly lace is very romantic and soft, a leaf line design is more edgy
- This is entirely personal choice and the style of your wedding; vintage, country or Hollywood
- These are just a few starter points.
- It is the most important part of your wedding.
- You want to look stunning but also be comfortable.
- It is a long day and you are on your feet most of the time.
- You mingle with your guests while looking amazing and vibrant the whole time.
- Nothing is poking you or scratches your neck.
At New Romantics we have a large variety of dresses that you can fit on to help you decide. Nadene will assist and sketch your perfect design combining all the best features of each sample dress.
Book your personalized appointment Today with Nadene at New Romantics to discuss your dream dress: 083 296 5555