Before I go in to the nitty gritty of the dress, remember you want to look draw dropping beautiful to your husband to be. We want to see those man tears. Not a bad idea to share with him some of your ideas, just to get a feel of his
likes and dislikes. The last thing you want is to wear a gown that he doesn’t like. Even though they may say it’s your choice and they don’t mind- they DO
1. Stay calm and enjoy shopping
You have to go through the motion and try on a dew dresses. I would recommend between 5 and 10. Don’t over do it, then you’ll just get confused.
2. Shapes and sizes
Start by just trying different silhouettes. Then you can see if you prefer ballgown, mermaid, A-line or straight.
3. 50 shades of white
Next you can look at all the different shades of white, off white, nude or cream. There is just a slight difference between the shades but choosing the perfect one will enhance your complexion. To name but just a few:
- White looks stunning on a dark skin, the colour really pops
- Winter white is a softer shade of white and works for most skin tones. It still looks very white in the day light and is not as glary as pure white.
- Nude is excellent to use under either white or cream lace. It really shows the pattern of the lace if you’re looking for more define detail
- Then a rich cream can work on a pale skin and give depth.
4. To lace or not to lace
- Now you can start looking at the detail on the dress.
- Again there are so many different pattern of lace available.
- Knowing your budget may help you decide. The lace range from R500 to R7000+pm
- Flower curly lace is very romantic and soft, a leaf line design is more edgy
- This is entirely personal choice and the style of your wedding; vintage, country or Hollywood
- These are just a few starter points.
- It is the most important part of your wedding.
- You want to look stunning but also be comfortable.
- It is a long day and you are on your feet most of the time.
- You mingle with your guests while looking amazing and vibrant the whole time.
- Nothing is poking you or scratches your neck.